Oil & Gas
We have been acting for clients involved in the oil & gas sector for many years.
Our highly experienced team has an extensive track record of working with businesses operating in the UK as well as other key hydrocarbon producing regions, including the Far East, Middle East, the Caspian, West Africa and Brazil.
With offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, London and Dubai, we are committed to providing our services in key centres for the oil & gas industry. This allows us to understand local and regional markets and deliver our advice effectively.
Our lawyers have built up a strong understanding of the oil & gas industry and advise on the full range of commercial and industry agreements including:
- Asset acquisition and divestitures
- Licensing matters
- Joint venture arrangements; JOAs and UOAs
- Field development agreements (stand-alone, tie-back and FPSO)
- Decommissioning security agreements
- Hydrocarbon sales agreements
- Turnkey drilling contracts
- LOGIC standard contracts
- FPSO lease and operate agreements
- EPCI, marine construction and drilling agreements
- Alliance/joint-venture/consortium/collaborative agreements
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Vessel sale and purchase
- Vessel build contracts (including FPSO)
- Ship registration
- Ship finance
- Shipping disputes
- Vessel procurement and tender support
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Private equity
- Banking and finance
- Corporate restructuring
If you would like to talk to us about any aspect of the oil & gas sector, then please get in touch.